HMAS VOYAGER All Crews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HMAS Voyager Memorial Service - WA 2012

Go down

HMAS Voyager Memorial Service - WA 2012 Empty HMAS Voyager Memorial Service - WA 2012

Post by Admin Sun 30 Oct 2011, 14:04

Feedback and reports I have to date indicate that the WA Vietnam Vets Association are keen to hold the Memorial Service each year and for 2012 the service is planned to be at the Voyager seat in King's Park once again and permission has been sought and approved for a picnic following the event.
I recently sent a HMAS Voyager banner over to David MacLean in WA for use at marches and gatherings compliments of the Qld All Crews group and a thank you to Jim Smith (ex Voyager) of J&N Canvas here in Brisbane who had it created. Peter Flockhart of the WA Viet assoc will be keeping it in his care so that it will be available for many years to come.
I also believe that the guys in WA are keen to get some form of better memorial plaque location and setup for HMAS Voyager. I did provide some information which may be of help but if anyone does have some ideas and contact to further pursue this intention could they please contact me so as I can put you in contact with Peter or Tom.

So, all you guys in WA with no plans for the 10th Feb 2012 put it in your diary to turn up at King's Park Voyager seat and make it a bigger roll-up than 2011.

Les Sheehan
Webmaster
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-10

https://voyager.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down