Reunion in Hong Kong Nov 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reunion in Hong Kong Nov 2014

Post by Admin on Fri 18 Apr 2014, 08:55

A HMAS Voyager 50th year anniversary reunion including a 100th anniversary commemoration for the HMAS Sydney/SMS Emden Battle of Cocos is being organised to take place in Hong Kong over the 7th - 9th November 2014.

The 9th of November 1914 was the battle date between HMAS Sydney and SMS Emden at the Cocos/Keeling Islands.

Please contact Les Sheehan (07) 32642589 or email me for further details. Information has been emailed to those in my address book but many will have missed as email and postal address changes have taken place breaking the communication link I had in the past.

I do plan to make tel calls to some where I still have a valid number. As my database has more than 200 on postal contact only it is unfortunate that they may not be aware of this as cost of communication is restrictive. Please pass along to any you may be aware of who have no contact with me so that they can be provided details.

More details are now available and will be sent out late next week (20th May) to those I have contact with.
People interested and wanting to attend must provide a positive and confirmed response by June 30th as immediately after this July I must provide the "The Harbourview Hotel" 4 Harbour Road Wanchai with the confirmed numbers attending. Several places of accom exist in the area including the "The Harbourview Hotel".

Meet and Greet will be on the Friday evening 7th Nov at the Harbourview Hotel, Main evening on Saturday 8th and the memorial service for Voyager/Sydney /SMS Emden at the Happy Vally Cemetery alongside grave of Ernie Howes (ex Stoker Voyager 1958) Sunday morning 9th. This day is the 100th anniversary for HMAS Sydney/SMS Emden.

Les
Webmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-01-10

http://voyager.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top