Len "Buck" Rodgers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Len "Buck" Rodgers

Post by Admin on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 00:12

LEONARD "BUCK" JOHN RODGERS

Sadly I post an entry for another ex crew of HMAS Voyager,  Len "buck" Rodgers who crossed the bar Friday 8th January aged 75 years. Len was a ex Queenslander born in Barcaldine on 5th Feb 1940 and enlisted in the RAN on 26th October in Brisbane.
He joined as a Rct/TO for a period of 9 years.

His first sea draft was HMAS Voyager in late 1960 and stayed with her until mid 1962.

Buck served in the following HMA Shops and Bases: Cerberus, Moreton, Voyager, Kimbla, Watson, Kuttabul, Waterhen, Teal, Derwent and Hobart. 

Len will be very much missed by family and friends as well as the V. Vets groups.

Our condolence to family and friends in their hour of need on behalf of the Voyager and Naval Community.

May you final Voyage be in Peace with smooth seas and gentle winds Buck

Len "Buck" Rodgers HMAS Voyager 1960 

Lest we Forget

Les Sheehan
Webmaster

The following is part of Emails received by other Ex shipmates
--
It is with very sad feelings that I have to advise of the passing of Ex LTO Len “Buck “Rodgers . I received also a phone call from Ex Yeo Alfie King advising of the same.
Buck was a great hand, and from what I can remember, he served on  HMAS VOYAGER ( Commissioning crew) , HMAS TEAL (Indonesian Confrontation) HMAS HOBART Vietnam, and who could forget the way he ran the MHR at HMAS KUTTABUL Comcen.
He will be sadly missed by all that served or knew him.
He was a very great part of the NSW Chapter Committee when I first came on board, and served on the Committee till he moved down to the South Coast, but remained a committed Member
--
It's with sad news that I advise of the passing of

Len Rodgers on Friday

I will advise of funeral times when I have them

Thanks Helen
Secretary Eurobodalla Vietnam Veterans Peacemakers and Peacekeepers ASS INC

Lest We Forget
Allan “Shorty” Moffatt OAM
President RANCBA NSW

---
Good evening Shorty
Have just heard from Annette that Bucks funeral will be held at the Broulee
Crematorium Broulee Road (runs off princes highway to ocean, the turnoff is about halfway between Mogo and Moruya), on Friday 15th Jan, commencing at 1500K.
A large turnout of old shipmates is expected as well as the local V.Vets.
3 of us off the Voyager that shipped with Buck in 61.
More to follow. If you need to talk to me  am on 0408028132
Regards
WHIZZA(Brian Wheeler)
---
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-01-10

http://voyager.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top