HMAS VOYAGER All Crews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voyager Memorial Service

2 posters

Go down

Voyager Memorial Service Empty Voyager Memorial Service

Post by Leswhome Fri 15 Feb 2008, 05:01

I went to the RAN Rememberance Service and Commemorating the 44th Anniversary of Loss of Voyager memorial service at St Mary's Kangaroo Point Brisbane last Sunday (10th Feb). Emotional, sad but excellent service by Reverend Stephen Redhead. There were some Voyager survivors there (Larry Parkes, Vic McDade, Ali Khan & myself), many ex RAN & Naval Association members, Navy Band, Serving Officers (eg Commanding Officer HHQ-SQ), Queensland Governor etc. A very good morning tea afterwards. I mention this as the Minister stated that he planned to make it an annual event. So anyone who wants to remember mates, friends etc who have passed over the bar and want to attend an appropiate service could keep this in mind for next year. I couldn't attend a Voyager reunion this year but wanted to commemorate the day somehow and this turned out to be just perfect. Cheers Les White ex CERA

Leswhome

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Voyager Memorial Service Empty Memorial Service

Post by Admin Fri 15 Feb 2008, 07:48

The Voyager All Crews Reunion committee had a lengthy and very necessary meeting on the Sunday 10th Feb but did not forget that it was the 44th anniversary.

The Voyager All Crews Website also was changed to reflect this period and so the Home page of the Website was modified to include a Half Mast Australian flag and words "Lest We forget". This was left in place from AM Sunday 10th until the evening of Tuesday 12th, 51st Anniversary of commissioning of HMAS Voyger II.

Following the meeting a ceremony was held in front of Bill & Del Cresswell's home facing the Flag Pole. During this the last post and a minutes silence was carried out, a wreath bearing 7 red flowers was laid at the base of the flag pole and the flag lowered and stored.

Photographs of this small and important ceremony were taken of the 11 people in attendance and one or two of these will be posted to the forum Gallery. (Two photos are now in the Gallery)

Those attending were
Bernie & Anita Verwayen, Bill & Del Cresswell, Bill & Noralee Battersby, Graham & Marlene burns, Col Cronau, Les & Irene sheehan.

Lest We Forget.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-10

https://voyager.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum