HMAS VOYAGER All Crews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daphne Mills

Go down

Daphne Mills Empty Daphne Mills

Post by Admin Fri 15 Aug 2014, 06:47

With great sadness I must inform all of the passing of Daphne Mills, much beloved wife of Harvey Mills, Mother to Jon, Mother-in-law to Jennifer, Grand Mother to Andrew, James, Peter and Rachel. Harvey is also an ex Voyager crew and has over the last several years been the National Secretary of the FESR Association.  

Daphne passed away yesterday evening (6:30pm  approx 14th August 2014) as the result of an aneurysm.
Fr. Bill Pearson was in attendance approx 1 hour prior to Daphne's passing.

She had been suffering ill health for a considerable amount of time and many long stays in hospital.
On several occasions I was able to visit Daphne in the Wesley hospital on some of my hospital and Doctors visits.

She has been a real battler over the years but sadly God has felt compassion and now has her under His care forever more.

I take this opportunity to pass along our heartfelt and deepest sympathy to Harvey and family on behalf of the Voyager family, FESR and Naval community.

Funeral Service details for Daphne Mills:

1:00pm (1300) Tuesday 19th August
Mt Gravatt Crematorium Chapel
Mains Road
Macgregor 

Rest in Peace Daphne
Les Sheehan

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/11/87/64/03/hw0_4510.jpg
=======================
Replies from:
Cyril (Doc) Rice:
Thanks Les for passing on the very sad news. She was a remarkable women and partner for Harvey
May she rest in peace

Robert (Ali) Khan
pass on my condolences

Peter Bailey
A lovely Lady, sadly missed. Condolences to Harvey.

Col & Maureen Wurtz
Thanks Les
Maureen and myself are deeply saddened Two great friends now there is only one

David & Jean MacLean
Thanks Les,
Very sad news indeed. Poor Harvey. Please give him our sincere condolences.

Carolyn & Spike Jones
Hello Les, We were saddened to hear of the passing of Daphne. She was such a lovely gentle person whom shall be missed. Please convey our condolences to Harvey and the family. We are sorry we cannot come to Daphne's funeral as we are travelling in the west for the last month and are not on our way home yet.

Bob (Ossie) & Val Osborne
Hi Les, thanks for letting me know, Harvey was my first boss on Voyager. I met Daphne at a re-union, a great pair. 

=====================
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-10

https://voyager.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down